This post contains affiliate links. These links provide me with a commission at no extra cost to you. So, happy reading!
Fall is almost here! That means cooking on Sunday mornings (or Thursday/Saturday) and waiting for the big game to come on so you can start screaming at the TV screen like the maniac you truly are. This time of year everyone knows the key to any sports fans heart is a bucket of wings and some cold beverages. But who likes having only one flavor of wings to choose from?
I am going to share three of my favorite bone-in wings recipes that will make you the most popular player every Sunday! & Don’t forget to stock up on some fan gear to show your support from the NFL Shop!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings:
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Place chicken wings in your slow cooker
- Mix together the wing sauce, hot sauce, melted butter, and honey in a large bowl. Pour over the wings in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, or until thoroughly cooked
- Once cooked through, place wings on a cookie sheet and drizzle excess sauce on top. Broil for 2-3 min, be sure they do not burn.
- Serve and enjoy!
Garlic Parmesan Wings:
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic (add and extra tsp more if you love garlic)
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet in aluminum foil and place the wings on top (do not stack them). Sprinkle the salt and pepper on top. Place in oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain excess liquid from pan. Preheat oven on high broil. Put wings in oven for 15 minutes, be sure they do not burn but are only browning.
- In a pan, sauté olive oil and butter together. Add the garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, again, do not burn.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl large enough to fit your wings. Add the parsley and a few pinches of salt.
- Once wings have crisped and browned while broiling, take them out of the oven and place them in the bowl. Toss them in our mixture.
- Put wings on a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
Honey BBQ Wings:
- 18 chicken wings
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl, mix wing ingredients together BUT the wings. Rinse off chicken wings, dry, and dip them in the bowl mixture.
- Place on sprayed cookie sheet, do not stack. Cook for 30-45 minutes, flip them halfway through. Cook until cooked thoroughly.
- Make sauce while wings are baking: add all sauce ingredients in a shallow pan over low heat.
- When wings are done baking, dip them one by one in sauce mixture and place back on cookie sheet. Put the sheet back in the oven until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven, let cool and place on a serving dish.
- Eat and enjoy!