This post contains affiliate links – I receive a compensation from certain products mentioned below at no extra cost to you. Happy Reading!
Do you have a skin care routine that is fairly expensive? Do you dread running out of toner, lotion, or night cream because you know how much it’s going to dent your bank account? I was the same way before I finally did it… went store to store comparing prices to Amazon!
My routine consists of morning, night, and throughout the day if necessary so its safe for you to assume that I have a lot of product that I use pretty regularly. Given that, having to go to places like Target really started to effect my monthly budget. The expensive also adds up because I try to make sure that most of what I use is both environmentally friendly and good for me to use (I check that through the app ThinkDirty).
Having a safe skin care routine is so important because your skin is the largest barrier between your body and possible infection. Did you know that your skin sheds everyday? That means that if you don’t take care of your skin daily you’re leaving yourself vulnerable to skin irritations, breakouts, etc. Also, who doesn’t want beautiful skin as you age?! I don’t know about you, but I want that ‘you’re how old?!’ reaction when I’m turning 50.
Some other great tips I have gotten are silk pillows and sheets (which are also very good for your hair), do your best to stop touching your face (I do this when I’m stressed = more breakouts), and limit wearing makeup when you can (clogs pores).
Please keep in mind that what works for me may not necessarily work for you. Coming to the final product line up of what I use took a lot of process and elimination.
Check out what I use every morning, night and during the day (whether it’s summer, winter, the gym, etc.):
- Natural Water (When I Shower)
- Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner
- Neutrogena Naturals Multi-Vitamin Nourishing Daily Face Moisturizer
- Burts Bees Eye Makeup Remover Pads
- Neutrogena Makeup Removing Wipes
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Daily Facial Cleanser
- Thayers Witch Hazel Original Facial Toner
- Jade Roller
- RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Anti-Aging Retinol Night Cream
- Day: Oil Control Film, Same Series with Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets for Oily Skin Care
- Exfoliating: Dry Brushing Body Brush
- Self Tanning (NON AMAZON FIND): REBLX Premium Self Tan
This routine seems to have worked extremely well so far!If you keep to a strict routine morning, day and night you will definitely see changes. Just remember, everyone’s skin is different and some products that work for me may not necessarily work for you. Let me know some of your favourite products!